Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pumpkin Patch Small World Play

To go with the book "Apples and Pumpkins," I made a pumpkin patch small world play for my kids. It has a lot of the vocabulary words from the story.  In this first one, there is a family that is going to the pumpkin patch.  Here, we talked about a lot of actions and worked on following directions.  We also sorted all of the objects.  We put all of the leaves in a basket, then acorns in another one, and pumpkins in the third one. Here it is in action:

 Here it is all set up nicely!



I also made another one that was in a bigger box.  With this small world play, I worked primarily on learning the vocabulary. I had the students find a specific object, and then find where it went on a paper that had the outline of all the objects:



I got all of my objects at a dollar store!  Let me know if you have any questions!




No comments:

Post a Comment