Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite times of year! I love all of the pinks and reds, and talking about love and friendship with my students.  Here are some of things we are doing this week:

Books:

There are lots of great books about love, friendship, and sharing.  Here are a few of my favorites.  I also added a couple of fantasy books because I think castles, fairies, and princesses go well with the Valentine's Day theme.  I got most of these books from the Goodwill, and all of the others I got from Target. 


Vocabulary Words:

I always like to buy actual objects that go with our vocabulary words!  I got cookie cutters in the shape of hearts, flower petals, candy hearts, and valentines.  I laminated the valentines so I can use them next year too.  I got all of these at the dollar store (besides the cookie cutters which was a gift).

Sensory Play:




This is the Frozen sensory bin, and I just added the Valentine's day vocabulary words to the bin.  It was great, because the students pretended to feed the characters some candy, give them valentines, etc. 

Sequencing 

We did a fun sequencing activity with Valentines!  I had visual cues of all of the steps the students would need to take in order to make a Valentine.  We also had all of the materials listed.  We worked on vocabulary words, following directions, and requesting with this activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment